Ephia Yasmin is a sub-specialist in reproductive medicine and surgery and clinical lead of the reproductive medicine unit. She is also a senior clinical lecturer in UCL. Her special interests are Müllerian duct abnormalities, reproductive endocrinology and fertility preservation.
Miss Yasmin has published in peer reviewed journals and contributed to book chapters.She is associate editor of The Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (TOG) and chair of the British Fertility Society policy and practice committee.
- Fertility preservation
- Reproductive endocrinology
- Mavrelos D, Al Chami A, Talaulikar V, Burt E, Webber L, Ploubidis G, Yasmin E. Variation in antral follicle counts at different times in the menstrual cycle: does it matter?Reprod Biomed Online. 2016 Aug;33(2):174-9. 5.
- Talaulikar, V, Davies M, Yasmin, E, Conway G, Comparision of the efficacy of combined oral contraceptive pill versus hormone replacement therapy in premature ovarian insufficiency. Maturitus, 2015 (140-141)
- A Jefferys, M Vanderpump, E Yasmin. Thyroid dysfunction and reproductive health. The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist 2015
- Yasmin E, Conway G, Davies M, Balen A. Ovulation induction for WHO 1 anovulation. Guidelines for practice. Produced on behalf of BFS policy and practice committee, 2013, Human Fertility
- Yasmin E, Glanville J, Balen AH, Barth J. The association of body mass index and androgens in women with and without polycystic ovary syndrome. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2012 Oct 23. doi:pii: S0301-2115(12)00448-4. 10.1016/j.ejogrb.2012.09.025. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yasmin E, Davies MC Pregnancy after fertility preservation. Chapter, Pregnancy After Assisted Reproductive Technology, JAUNIAUX & RIZK, 2012
- Yasmin E. An overview of the investigation and management of subfertility. Primary Care Women’s Health Journal. 2012
- Yasmin E, Glanville J, Barth J, Balen AH. Effect of dose escalation of metformin on clinical features, insulin sensitivity and androgen profile in polycystic ovary syndrome, Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol, 2011, 156(1):67-71
- Yasmin E, Balen AH. The metabolic aspects of polycystic ovary syndrome. Expert Review of Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2011, 6: 331-341
- Yasmin E, Balen AH. Management of polycystic ovary syndrome. Future Medicine.2007; 3:355-367.
- Yasmin E, Dresner M, Balen AH. Sedation and Anaesthesia for transvaginal oocyte collection: an evaluation of practice in the UK. Human Reproduction 2004; 19: 2942-2942-2945.
- Morley L, Tang T, Yasmin E, Hamzeh R, Rutherford AJ, Balen AH. Timing of human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) hormone administration in IVF protocols using GnRH antagonists: a randomized controlled trial. Hum Fertil (Camb). 2012 Sep;15(3):134-9.
- Tang T, Lord JM, Norman RJ, Yasmin E, Balen AH. Insulin-sensitising drugs (metformin, rosiglitazone, pioglitazone, D-chiro-inositol) for women with polycystic ovary syndrome, oligo amenorrhoea and subfertility. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2012. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD003053.pub5
- Barth JJ, Field, H, Yasmin, E, Balen H, Defining hyperandrogenism in polycystic ovary syndrome: measurement of testosterone and androstenedione by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry and analysis by receiver operator characteristic (ROC) plots. 2010 European Journal of Endocrinology, Vol 162, Issue 3, 611-615.
- Archarya S, Yasmin E, Balen H, Pentoxiphylline and Tocopherol in the management of patients with thin endometrium- a report of 20 cases. Human Fertility, Volume 12, Issue 4 December 2009 ,198 – 203.
- Barth J, Yasmin E, Balen AH. 'The diagnosis of polycystic ovary syndrome: the criteria are insufficiently robust for clinical research. Clinical Endocrinology, 2007; 67(6), 811-815.
- Vyjayanthi S, Glanville G, Yasmin E, Balen AH. Modern trends in ovulation induction. Human Fertility.2007,10(2), 117-121