University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust does not offer any high value inducements to referring clinicians to refer private patients into its private services, trading as UCLH Private Healthcare, in accordance with the Competitions and Markets Authority (CMA) Order of 2014 relating to the private healthcare market.
The following services are available to our referring clinicians to support their private practice:
- Generic stationery is provided for private patient correspondence
- Tea and coffee is provided free of charge to consultants in some locations
- Onsite parking spaces may be provided to consultants and staff of UCLH, in accordance with UCLH's car parking policy. Consultants and staff must pay for onsite car parking.
- Dedicated private outpatient rooms at the Private Consulting Rooms at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery are billed at £27 per hour
- An optional professional fee billing service is provided to consultants, at a standard rate of 3.5% commission (plus VAT)
- Where services such as room usage and/or secretarial support are provided to consultants to support both their NHS and private practice at UCLH, an administrative fee is charged relating to the time and resource used for the private activity.
- Consultants are listed in the UCLH Private Healthcare consultant directory (print and online)
- Consultants may feature in magazine articles, blogs and presentations/videos to promote the wider service offer on behalf of UCLH Private Healthcare.
- In-house training is provided as part of the NHS induction programme, including the medical induction package and in line with NHS ongoing training
- Private patients at UCLH are supported by the junior medical workforce in urgent medical situations.
- Miss Mary Murphy is our clinical director for private practice at The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. She receives a salary equivalent to one programmed activity.