Miss Anouk Borg is a consultant neurosurgeon at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery and the Unit of Pituitary and Central Skull base surgery in Queen Square. Her scope of practice comprises of brain and spine surgery.
Miss Borg completed her specialist neurosurgery training at the London School of Surgery (Heath Education England). She completed the Royal College of Surgeons Fellowship in Endoscopic Pituitary surgery as well as the Skullbase and Vascular neurosurgery fellowship at Oxford University Hospitals. As a trainee, Miss. Borg, also completed a Quality Improvement fellowship with UCLPartners and was awarded an MD in research by UCL for her clinical research on lumbar spinal stenosis.
Areas of expertise and scope of practice
- Endoscopic anterior and central skull base surgery (including pituitary pathology, anterior skull base tumours and craniopharyngioma).
- Endoscopic and open skull base repair.
- Meningioma surgery
- Cervical and lumbar spine surgery for stenosis and disc disease.
- Emergency general neurosurgery.
- Gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery
- Endoscopic pituitary surgery
- Service quality improvement
- Leadership education