BSc, MBBS, MD, FRCOG
Consultant in Fetal Medicine
Professor Pranav Pandya is a Consultant in Fetal Medicine and a Professor at The Institute for Women’s Health, University College London Hospitals (UCLH) Foundation Trust.
He completed his medical education at University College London and has more than 20 years of experience as a Fetal Medicine consultant specialist.
He is currently the Director and Clinical Lead of Fetal Medicine services at UCLH. Pranav is also the Chair of the Fetal Anomaly Screening Programme at the UK National Screening Committee, where he is involved in developing and implementing national policy on fetal anomaly scanning and screening for fetal aneuploidy.
Pranav has a national and global impact in the field of Fetal Medicine research, policy development and implementation of evidence-based care, new and novel models of education, and external engagement to influence national and international healthcare. He has demonstrated significant and sustained contributions to improve care for pregnant women in prenatal screening, diagnosis and fetal therapy.
Pranav is dedicated to caring for pregnant women and in particular the well-being of their baby. His expertise is in the ultrasound examination of the mother and unborn baby(s) with particular specialty interest in prenatal diagnosis, invasive prenatal testing and fetal therapy.
He was nominated by The Times as one of the top consultants treating young patients in Britain.
- Professor of Fetal Medicine at UCLH
- Director and Clinical Lead for Fetal Medicine services at UCLH.
- Chair of Fetal Anomaly Screening Programme (FASP) and Down’s Syndrome Screening Programme Advisory Group at the National Screening Committee (NSC). Responsible for developing, implementing and auditing policies for the screening of fetal anomalies and Down’s syndrome in England
- 1997 Awarded the RCOG Gold Medal
- 2017 Awarded the prestigious Sims Black Travelling Professorship by the RCOG.
- 2019 Editor in Chief of Fetal Medicine Basic Science and Clinical Practice.
- Over 70 publications in peer reviewed journals
- Fetal medicine
- Prenatal screening
- Early diagnosis of fetal anomalies
- High risk pregnancies
- Down's syndrome screening
- Non- invasive prenatal testing (NIPT)
- Invasive prenatal diagnosis
- Fetal therapy / surgery
- Fetal echocardiography
He has published extensively in the field of fetal medicine and is now editor-in-chief of Fetal Medicine Basic Science and Clinical Practice.
Professor Pranav lectures widely in the UK and abroad and has established a number of courses to support the training of doctors, these include:
- Amniocentesis Workshop
- Dilemmas in Obstetric Ultrasound
- Basic Obstetric Ultrasound
- Screening for fetal anomalies in the First Trimester
- Cardiac anomalies in the First trimester – Diagnosis and management